You'll Need: * 3 1/2 lbs halibut or red snapper * Juice from 1 lemon
* 6 ripe tomatoes
* 1 tbsp tomato paste
* 3 cloves garlic(diced)
* parsley (diced)
* Bread crumbs
* 1 cup olive oil
* Salt & pepperProcedures : Sprinkle the fish with lemon juice, add salt and pepper and place in a pan. Peel half the tomatoes, grate them, add the tomato paste (thinned in a bit of water), garlic, parsley, olive oil and salt & pepper. Mix and pour over the fish. Slice the rest ...
You'll Need: * About 1,5 kilo of fish (Use large variety of fish for more taste) * olive oil
* 2 - 3 onions
* 3 - 4 tomatoes
* 2-3 carrots
* Pepper Procedures : Scrape the scales of the fish and remove giblets. Add the salt, pepper, olive oil, the sliced onions, the celery and the sliced tomatoes in a saucepan and boil them. Strain the vegetables well and put them on a plate. Put the fish on the same water and boil them. After boiling them until ...
Fish roe salad with potato
You'll Need: * 125 gr fish roe * 3 - 4 potatoes
* 150 gr olive oil
* lemon juiceProcedures : Peel wash and boil the potatoes. Remove from heat and mash them. Place the fish roe in a bowl and beat with a mixer. Add gradually the olive oil, the lemon juice, some drops of vinegar and the potatoe mash (spoon by spoon). Continue beating until the mixture becomes soft and creamy. Garnish with parsley
Fish roe salad
You'll Need: * 125 gr fish roe * 4 slices stale bread
* 1 medium onion (optional)
* lemon juice
* 150 gr olive oilProcedures : Remove crusts from bread, soak and drain it. Place the fish roe and the onion (chopped) in a mixer and beat well. Add gradually the lemon juice, the bread and the olive oil and continue beating the mixture until it becomes soft and creamy. Serve in a bowl and garnish with parsley
You'll Need: * 15 kg dried figs * 5-6 bay leavesProcedures : Wash the figs well, score them and place them in two large pots. Cover them with water and let them absorb water for 12 hours.
Fill 2/3 of a large pan with figs together with the water that we used. Add 5-6 bay leaves and let boil until the figs are soft enough to melt. Follow the same procedure with the rest of the figs, adding each time the juice where the previous figs have boiled. Drain the figs and keep the juice. Place ...
You'll Need: * 1 kg fresh figs * 1 kg sugar
* 1 glass water
* Juice of one lemonProcedures : Put the figs in a pot, boil and drain them. Keep the water and boil it with the sugar for 5 - 10 minutes. Add the figs and remove from fire. Leave the figs in the syrup for one day. Next day simmer the figs until the syrup thickens. Finally add the lemon juice
You'll Need: * 500 gr unbleached white flour * 4 teaspoons instant yeast
* 2 teaspoons sugar
* 300 ml lukewarm water
* 1 Tablespoon oil
* 2 teaspoons saltProcedures : Put the flour in a bowl. Make a well in the middle. Put the yeast and the sugar in the well. Pour water over. Mix slightly. Cover and put in a warm place for 15 minutes. Knead, adding the salt and oil, to a smooth elastic dough. Cover and put in a warm place for 15 minutes. Knead thoroughly and place on a ...
You'll Need: * 6 cups almonds * 3 cups sugar
* 3 egg whites
* 2 teaspoons vanillaProcedures : Blanch almonds. Dry in oven, mash with mortar and pestle, or pulverize in blender. Place sugar, egg whites, and vanilla in bowl; add the almonds. Blend, using your fingers, into a thick dough. Shape into narrow fingers and place on a buttered baking sheet. Bake in preheated 300 F. oven for about 20 min
Eggplants with garlic and tomato
You'll Need: * 4 large round eggplants, cut along side in pieces * 4 tomatoes, mashed
* 6 garlic cloves, mashed in a mortar or with a fork
* 50 ml vinegar
* cheese (ladotyri from Zakynthos should be used. Use a slightly piquant cheese if ladotyri cannot be found)
* olive oilProcedures : Fry eggplants in plenty of olive oil. Eggplants absorb plenty of oil. Fry until eggplants get brown and tender. Add water if you do not want to use too ...
Eggplants in oil and tomato sauce
You'll Need: * 1 kg round eggplants * 2 - 3 tomatoes, peeled and cut in small pieces
* 2 - 3 medium onions, cut in thin slices
* 1 - 2 garlic cloves
* 150 ml olive oil
* A pinch of sugar
* Pieces of graviera cheeseProcedures : Wash the eggplants and cut them in cubes or along side in thin slices, like in the picture. Salt them and let them stand for 1/2 hour. Then, wash them and strain them well. Saute the eggplants and the onions in a deep saucepan with ...